Olio Novello is made from the oil of the first olive harvest in October. These olives are slightly greener than the main harvest, and the oil is bottled immediately, unfiltered.
The result is a bright green oil, spicy with notes of green grass and the flavor of fresh olives.
“Novello” means “new” and until recently, Novello was available only to olive millers and their families, who would enjoy it in the days following the harvest, while the commercial oil was settling. This premium fresh oil is best enjoyed drizzled over roasted meats and fish, soups and salads, bruschetta and grilled vegetables.
- Prestige Gold – 2017 Terra Olivo International Olive Oil Competition
- Gold Medal – 2017 New York International Olive Oil Competition (NYIOOC)
- Gold Medal – 2017 Oil China International Olive Oil Competition
- Gold Medal – 2017 Domina International Olive Oil Contest (DIOOC)
- Gold Medal – 2017 Olive Japan International Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition
- Best In Show Organic EVOO and Double Gold Medal – 2017 Athena International Olive Oil Competition
- Gold Medal – 2017 Los Angeles International Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition